Estimated Electricity Generation: 600kwh/yr. by using 300Watt Solar Panels (ave. saving of 7.5% of electric bills for an average home) & 1200kwh/yr. by using 600Watt panels (average 15% of electric bills for an average home).
Do It Yourself: No wiring is needed & no battery is required; everything is configured. Very easy installation and can be done in an hour.
1. Two solar panels (made of high efficiency mono-crystalline PV cells). You may add two more solar panels to increase power generation.
2. 600-watt Micro-Inverter (Sufficient for up to 4 solar panels). It is certified by ETL with UL 1741 code for anti-islanding safety protection, as per requirements.
3. 50 ft wire - ready to be plugged into a wall socket of 110/120V.
4. Plug-in Wi-Fi Power Monitor for tracking solar power generation.
5. Mounting hardware as required for the selection of purchase ( ground mount or roof mount, & 2 panels or 4 panels).
Two Steps Installation:
1. Connect one solar panel's positive cord (red '+') to another solar panel's negative cord (Black '-'). In the same order you can connect two more panels according to the selection of the purchase. Then, connect the very first solar panel's negative cord (Black '-') to the micro-inverter and second or the last solar panel's positive cord (Red '+') to the inverter. Please see the diagram.
2. Place solar panels facing sun and plug the cord into 110/120V wall socket along with supplied Wi-Fi power monitor. Wait for 6 minutes for inverter to start and you will see power generating in the meter.
How It Works:
When the sun shines, the Solar panel set will produce DC voltage, and the micro grid tie inverter transforms the DC voltage to AC voltage, synchronizing with the utility grid power. It puts out power to the home grid, generating electricity and cutting your electric bill.
You can be eligible to receive 30% of Federal Tax Credit.